Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Tale of Torture.....

Ok, so my tale of torture continues... last week, in the middle of the night, i started breathing really heavy and woke mom and dad up. they listened to my breathing, woke me up, and i was still breathing really heavy and i didn't want to stay awake. so of course, they are worriers and called the emergency V-E-T to see if i needed to go for a midnight ride somewhere. Well, we didn't go, but i continued breathing really heavy for about an hour. So then i got a trip to my

V-E-T the next day, who of course recommended a cardiologist, so then i got to go to another

V-E-T, who gave me this 24 hour heart monitor that i had to have strapped to my chest. So i got to wear my pretty sweater for a day. don't i look cute?

Then the rest of the torture. . .mom and dad had to take this stupid, mean, clingy device off. Part of my torture is documented, but mom and dad didn't have the heart to tape the whole thing, because the end of the video gets VERY difficult to watch. It is below after the pictures of my triumph over that stupid torture device!!!




Those sticky things were VERY hard to get off, but i will spare you the pain of that part of my torture.

The important thing is i got to enact my revenge upon that mean ole machine!!!


It didn't stand a chance!!!!

And here is the video i was referring to earlier. Watch if you are brave!!!





xoxoxoxoxo,


Opal


Note from Opal's mom: apparently boxers are prone to cardiac problems, so we decided to do this preliminary test after her breathing episode. If i had known how much it would suck to take it off afterwards, i would have debated doing it. I called the vet, but they had no suggestions except to just struggle through taking off the bandage! Argh. Thank god Opal is a sweet dog, but we just felt terrible the entire time. she is okay now and seems to have forgiven us for the torture. They definitely need to start using better bandages though, because it took out so much of her hair when coming off.

9 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Poor Opal!

BUT she did get her revenge!

Sibe Vibes being sent South fur her!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: my verification word is FURSH - hmmmm fur and sh together! IMAGINE THAT!?!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Opal!
Ouch! I was thinking about how much hair you lost there!
I hope you are doing well now!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Chef said...

Opal honey, are you OK?

That's that horrible Holter contraption. Mama's been waiting to get one to test me for cardiomyopathy just in case. Now I'm not letting that thing near me.

I hope your results were good. Please take care of yourself.

xox
Chef

Joe Stains said...

Oh opal, this is terrible. I am so glad you were allowed to get revenge on that mean thing.

Bella the Boxer said...

Oh, Opal...you are so brave!! Revenge is sweet, isn't it?

xoxo - Bella

PS: When will you get your results? I've asked Santa to make sure you're OK

Sweet Ginny said...

Opal! I am so sorry!! Have you got the results back yet?

sending boxer wiggles & lots of health vibes to you!

Ginny

Petra said...

Ouch! That's just not right, Opal!

I'll bet Santa will bring you lots of great Christmas treats after that ordeal.

Chef said...

Hi Opal. Hope you and your pack had a great Christmas! Hope you're feeling better too!

xox
Chef

Mack said...

Precious Opal,
I think you deserve extra kibble, treats, cuddles and anything else you want after that ordeal!